Just checking in on you 🤍 The days are getting shorter and the temps are dropping. Maybe you’re like me, and feeling a little less energetic, less social, and a lot more like hibernating 🐻. So take a moment and check in with yourself. As you know, mental health is extremely important to me - and our brand PWAP - and I know that the journey of bettering your mental health isn’t linear. Here are 5 tips to help improve your mental health this winter. Of course I am not a licensed doctor or therapist, just your local potter sharing what helps me 😌
- Acknowledge Your Feelings - it’s okay to not be okay!
- Take Time to Reflect - Take a catalog of your feelings, including the good, the bad, and the ugly
- Reach Out to Others - Don’t be afraid to pick up the phone and call or text a friend. We are all in this wild world together
- Practice Stress Management Skills - Meditate, journal, practice intentional breathing
- Participate in an activity - Moving your body through stretching or walking helps to increase endorphins, and doing pottery or another hands-on craft can help to embrace the colder season's slower pace
What do you find is helpful to improve your mental health on cold winter days?